Sunday 4 November 2012

World Diabetes Day 14th November 2012

It's  November and perhaps a time when the"Diabetic"community unite all around the world.

As we light up Blue what will you be doing ? 

Claudia will have been diagnosed 5 years in 2013. I often wonder where the last 4 years have gone. I have to say I do pray each day for a cure. We have our good days and not so good days. Winter I find more challenging as we dodge the sickness bugs, colds and flu. The Diva Claudia has picked up a cough from Purdey, needless to say we have had some interesting blood glucose levels over the last few days with impressive behaviour to match! (take Cover) 




Last year I cycled 155 miles from Portsmouth Diabetes Centre to Birmingham NEC. It was tough and the hills...................... just kept on appearing. I only fell into a hedge once. Of course it had to be a blackberry bush. Ouch. So guess what? Out of shear stupidity on my behalf I agreed to cycle again.
 
Am I fit ... No
Have a practised enough... No (Loz is going to tell me off!!!)
Am I looking forward to the hills... No
Will it hurt.... Yes
Will it be fun....... oh yes
This year as I am working I have booked the 2 days as holiday. Work think I am nuts.
 
If you would like to meet us or join us on our journey please do!!!

Raising Awareness Of Type 1 !!

http://www.diabetespower.org.uk/index.php 

Follow the link above to see our route. Join us at the start 14/11/2012 at Portsmouth Diabetes Centre between 8.00am & 8.30am. It would be lovely to meet you.

 Diabetes Power is a Not for Profit Organisation. The aim of the group is to raise awareness of Type 1 Diabetes and support families and young people living with Type 1 Diabetes. No salaries or expenses are currently paid.

We have developed a new product which will be launched on World Diabetes Day!  Free Type 1 Awareness Posters and leaflets are available. email:angela@diabetespower.org.uk or contact any other member of the team.

http://www.diabetespower.org.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=98&Itemid=94



Together We Can Raise Awareness Of Type 1 Diabetes. Praying For The Cure!!







To sponsor us please follow the link:

http://www.justgiving.com/DiabetesPowerCycleRide

For anyone who would like to know why I am passionate about raising awareness of Type 1.

This is our story: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NZxUR2dFLQ





 












 


 

1 comment:

  1. I Like this article vary much.its vary appreciabe.Diabetes is a vary common health problem for every family. Healthgenie provides full range of diabetes care products online,healthgenie provides wide range of Accu Chek products accu chek lancets ,active meter, Blood Glucose Meters,test strips.

    ReplyDelete